Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rotwang







I next worked into the next most interesting character in the film, the villain, Rotwang. Rotwang is part man and part machine, possessing a mechanical hand that visually connects him to his creation, the Machinenmensch. For the purposes of creating a well rounded concept art portfolio, I decided to design the film and its elements for a CGI feature. Therefore, building the facial features and body types of the characters becomes important. For Rotwang's costume I borrowed from the original design with an influence of the dress of Nazi SS Officers in black leather.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting your inspiring artwork. As it would happen, the annual theme has been selected for next years Burning Man, the largest outdoor art festival in the world. The theme is "Metropolis, Life of the Cities". I am working on an art installation and hope to again receive grant funding for it. The project website is www.MutantVehicle.com/ein_hammer.htm and you can see that I pasted one of your Rotwang images there Please let me know if you object to that. If you are interested in collaberating, I would love to open a dialog with you. Just drop me a message from my website.

    Thank you,

    Damian "Mister Jellyfish".

    ReplyDelete